Elegance, strength and depth. These are the three adjectives that describe Ruth Garcia (also known as From Hell, her underground aka, in homage to the famous comic writer Alan Moore).
After more than a decade working as a music journalist, for magazines like DJ1, Popular 1, Route 66 and World Music, this woman from Madrid decided to try luck in the cabins due to its wide spectrum of sounds, from rock to electronic, through new wave and other forms of music, in just five years being one of the artists with more projection.
In 2012, Berlin, the heart of European electronics, was the most successful city where harvested. KATER Holzig, GOLDEN GATE, Morlox, Transit, CCCP, Brunnen70, The Club, R19, Mein Haus Am See, are some of the names of the cabins by this singular dj was playing.
Ruth García made the warm up to Richie Hawtin, at Ibiza Global Radio previous party of the closing of Enter (Space, Ibiza).
Always innovative, Ruth created Nexus, a party that became a big succes in Madrid and was later held in Berlin, with a very positive reception. Javi Lago (Sintetics, Barcelona) is collaborating with Nexus at the present moment.
This artist has gone through mythical clubs of Madrid like Sirocco, Dark Hole, where she was resident dj, Stardust, Dominion, Indypendientes, Redrum, Contraclub, Clamores, Astoria, Comet, Bill Murray’s Club, Wind, Al Laboratorio, Stromboli, Zenith, The Anuet 80s’ Bar, La Boite (Fever Club), Specka, But Club, Shanghai, Stella and formerly called Sala Arena.
Apart from Madrid, Berlin and Ibiza, this dj has played in cities like Bilbao (Pyramid, Flash Bilbao, The Image Club) and Barcelona (No Name No Address, Off Sonar Closing Party at Surya), where she currently resides.
Ruth Garcia was the winner of the first edition of Noise Off Festival, the first streaming music competition in Spain at 2012.
Ruth also conceives the music as an artistic instrument, taking it to another level. That is why she was able to create other projects as 3M Project, a multidisciplinary proposal created by three artists (led by Katherine Scholz) that merge their specialties experiencing new ways of expression, uniting in a common thread music and image.
Likewise, attracted by new projects, Ruth has recently launched into the world of production with another national artist, Ray Mond, who form a tandem that will be talking about in the coming months. “I’m A Genius“, included on an Alivelab Records Compilation, is their first released.
Recently, Ruth has become part of the roster of Alba Bookings an international agency which aim is to help the artists to show their work all around the world.
1. Ike Yard – Half A Good Tropic of Cancer Remix
2. The Exaltics – Compressed Thoughts
3. Recondite – DRGN 4.Bunte Bummler – The Hunger Feat Daniel Wilde
5. John Tejada – Unestable Condition (Original Mix)
6. Ricardo Villalobos – What you say is more than I can say (Isolee Remix)
7. Daniel Avery – Water Jump
8. Der Dritte Raum – Pole Position
9. Plastikman – Marble (Fabrizio Maurizi’s 303 remix)
10. Henrik Schwarz, Ame, Dixon – Chicaco (Live version)
11. Cesare vs. Disorder – Vercelli by night (original mix)
12. Metodi Hristov – Over
13. Dj Yellow – I Want Your Sex
14. Henrik Schwarz, Ame, Dixon – D.P.O.M.B (version 1)
15. Tamar Sabadini – Touch Me
16. Ian Pooley – I Got You (Daniel Dexter remix9)
17. Andre Galluzzi & Dana Ruh – Beetle
18. Oliver Huntemman & Dubfire – Aire (Original mix)
19. The Asphodells – We Are Axis
20. Trentemoller – Deceive (feat Sune Rose Wagner – original mix)